EPSG Makes Surcharging Easy!
We send the completed surcharge registration form to the Card Associations for approval.
We provide required signage to meet strict regulations to your customer.
We pre-install surcharge capabilities into the equipment for fast activation.
- Surcharging program is for CREDIT CARDS ONLY.
- Surcharging is not permitted on debit or prepaid cards.
- Surcharging allows participating merchants to assess an additional fee to cardholders
- Surcharging is approved in 41 States. The program is prohibited in NY, CO, CT, FL, KS, ME, MA, OK and TX. Merchant’s DBA location dictates whether the merchant resides in a state that permits surcharging
- Registration is required to participate in the program.
Registration & Approval
- Merchant must submit a completed Merchant Surcharge Registration Form along with Merchant Application.
- Merchant must receive notice from EPSG that their surcharging request has been approved before initiating program.
- Upon approval, the equipment will be be programmed for surcharging and shipped.
- Merchant must prominently disclose the intent to surcharge
- Signage must be placed at the point of entry and point of sale
- Signage must include the surcharge amount
- Any customer’s receipt must provide the dollar amount of the surcharge.
- A separate line item is required on receipts identifying the surcharge after the subtotal allowing for any discounts and prior to the total amount.
- A refunded transaction must include all or part of the surcharged amount.
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.